Writing. I grew up in my family's independent bookstore, Jabberwocky Bookshop. To maintain my connection to literary life I write books, reviews, and essays. I was a 2017 NYC Emerging Writers Fellow. My debut novel, THE REVELATIONS, is upcoming from Overlook Press and Abrams Books in April of 2021. It's about consciousness and murder. Here are the links to my shorter works available online.
- "Enter the Supersensorium: the neuroscientific case for art in the age of Netflix" in The Baffler (2019).
- “Who Invented Memes? On the Impossibility of Originality in the Digital Age” featured by the Medium editorial staff.
- “Will the Bitcoin bubble pop? Or Will It Envelop Us All?” in Arc Digital (2018)
- “A Fiction for the Future” for The Center for Fiction's Syntax/Synapse series (2017)
- "Is Self-knowledge Overrated?" in Scientific American, 2017.
- "Fiction in the Age of Screens" in The New Atlantis, vol 49; summer issue 2016.
- "Why Do We Sleep?" in Big Questions Online, 2016.
- "How to Mathematically Measure Consciousness" in The Daily Beast, 2016.
- "City on Fire Proves How Culturally Dominant Television Has Become" in The Atlantic, 2015.
- "Why Free-range Kids are Healthier" in The Daily Beast, 2015.
- My answer to the question "What is the relationship between science and art?" in SciArt Magazine, 2014.
- "Science as a Subject of Art" in SciArt Magazine, 2013.
- A book review of Incomplete Nature: How Mind Emerged from Matter published on The Neuroethics Blog of Emory University, 2012.
- "Framing and Responsibility in Consciousness Studies: a review of Nicholas Humphrey's Soul Dust: the Magic of Consciousness." published on The Neuroethics Blog of Emory University, 2012.
- "Higher Education," published in Arts & Letters spring 2017 issue.
- "Ars Memoriae," winner of the 2011 Writer's Digest Literary Fiction Award and published in the 77th Annual Writer's Digest Writing Contest Collection, 2012.
- "The Substance I am Made of," anthologized in American Fiction: Volume 12, the Best Previously Unpublished Short Stories by Emerging Writers, 2012.
- "All the Anne Franks" in Strange Horizons. Honorable Mention at the Writers of the Future Awards, 2009.
- "Big Cats" in Our Stories, for their emerging writers award contest, 2009.